Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Nana and Papa

Let it be known that my awesome parents have now been married for 37 years! And they are both still alive and in one piece. For the most part. :) They are both probably fighting over Papa's lap right now.

Maryn's had quite a week. In a good way though. She's still off O2 during the day, and now we've been able to get through quite a few nights withou it too. You have no idea how nice that is. I can deal with the trach, but that damn oxygen always just sat there like the smelly kid in class. I hate it. With a passion. Don't know why, but I do. So not having to trapse big blue around the house or worry about tubes getting caught is so freeing. So much so that she and I went on a little field trip to the mall last weekend. I went mostly because 1) we could!!! and 2) Maryn desperately needed long-sleeved onesies that fit. The kid is growing. 3 month ones no longer fit unless I want to torture her with a diaper wedgie. Umm, no. She was all wide-eyed, checking everything out. I like to think she was thinking "whoa, so many people! Last time I saw this many people in one place was the last time I pulled my ET tube out!" She got a chance to see Papa who was working and meet a coworker of Aunt Carrie's. But of course, I found a whopping ONE shirt for her. Dude, I know that the stores are getting ready for the spring. But it's still frickin' cold out! And we live in Nebraska! Gimme long sleeves too please! For crying out loud.

And she was introduced to Jaime's rainforest jumper. I kept thinking about it, but I thought she wouldn't have enough head control. Boy, was I wrong. I got a picture/video from our nurse last week. The kid LOVED it. She will play in there for hours if we let her. Her tiny little feet barely touch the ground, but she doesn't care. She just kicks away. I think she likes that when she makes it bounce, it plays music too. She also grabs on to the toys. With both hands. People, that's a HUGE deal. One of these years I'll figure out how to post pics here and share with ya.

J is still trying to walk. I can tell we are gonna be in for it once he finally gets the courage. I figure he'll be iffy about it for a total of two days, then watch out world. If we don't move fast enough for him, he'll grab the walker and try to start down the hall on his own. Back and forth. Boy, am I glad I'm short. Otherwise helping him walk that much would really be killing my back. Last night, he even gave himself kisses in the mirror at the end of the hall. Yes, I have drool spots on it now. But it was so sweet I don't have the heart to clean it up just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment