Saturday, March 13, 2010

OYA 3/13

I was never superstitious, but I can now attest to despising Friday the 13ths.

I gave in and called Doc K late morning. Same old, same old. Still cramping, but nothing regular. Still spotting just the same. "Blah, blah, blah, I'm cramping and spotting again. I'll take it easy, drink water and put my feet up when I can. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to do." And I went on with my day.

Later in the afternoon, I heard back from Doc K's PA. She said that with my history of the previa, I might just want to go in and get checked out. Great. Just how I wanted to spend my Friday night. Ugh. But the good little patient obliged, and David and I headed to Methodist.

After putting the monitors on and answering the same standard questions, I sat there. Nothing regular or overly strong in the way of contractions, so after a few hours, they sent me home. Strict instructions to follow up with Doc K on Monday and stay hydrated. As they put it, if your pee is at all yellow, you're teetering on the verge of dehydration. I was supposed to drink something like 90oz of water a day. Fun! I already felt like I was about to float away, plus nothing else could fit in my abdomen.

An hour or two after getting home, I felt a gush. Just blood - whew! If it was my water breaking, I know that would be bad. But this still was more than I was used to. I told David that I just felt off. Something wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. So another call to the doc. Doc H was on call. Even though I had never met her, she was pretty nice, considering. Head back in, and she'd check on me in the morning. I'd be in overnight. Double yay. So back we went. Nurse Alexa must have thought I was looney. She just discharged me a few hours earlier. Back on the monitors. More questions. Fun having strangers checking out the blood oozing out of your body. So I grabbed my book to try to keep myself occupied. I figured I wasn't going to get much sleep - you know, hospital rest. Doc would probably make me stop working, but I'd be home by tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment