Saturday, March 27, 2010

OYA 3/26

I was feeling gross.  REALLY gross.  We are talking almost 2 weeks with no shower GROSS.  So we made a plan.

My mom was going to cut my hair.  I didn't care what it looked like, but it was getting too long.  Even though I hadn't really looked in a mirror for a long time, I could feel it was too long.  With my curly hair, it would turn into a mini-beehive or poodle when it was too long.  The light-socket look was cramping my style.  Somebody cut it or I was going to take a razor to it.  Seriously.  So, we asked Jenni for a pair of scissors, and my mom had at it.  She just started hacking away.  And no, she doesn't have any hair-dressing experience.  I didn't care.  Remember, I was prepared to shave my head, so fashion and style was not of great concern.  But you know what?  It ended up looking pretty good!  And it was a heck of a lot cheaper than going out to get it done. 

Then, a bath!  Ok, it was a sponge bath, but again, I didn't care.  I always thought I'd be so concerned about things like that, but nope.  I really had lost all modesty. 

Add in my painted toes courtesy of my awesome sister from a few days earlier, and I was HOT.  Ok, maybe that is pushing it.  At least I now felt like I was maybe even 1/2 human.

No comments:

Post a Comment