Friday, March 19, 2010

OYA 3/19

She was still hanging in there!  Yes, that sounds like a sick joke, but it's true. 

23 weeks 1 day.  My doctors were beginning to talk about letting me have modified bathroom priviledges.  Ok, so what's that?  After conferring, they said they would have someone bring in a remedial toilet that they would set up right next to my bed.  So around this day, I was able to get up and sit for short periods of time.  Terrifying, I tell you.  What if the adjustment in pressure caused the cerclage to fail?  Hell, I don't even know if that's possible, but I know I worried about it.  Besides, Punkin seemed to rather enjoy kicking me there.  But they said they thought it was safe.

Let me tell you, in a situation like this, you don't care that you are basically pooping in your bedroom!  And yes, then I had to have someone come empty it.  So totally gross, but what other choice do you have?  Just knowing that I could get off my back for 90 seconds at a time made the minutes, hours, days, a touch more bearable.  Something "normal" was helping me feel a bit more human.  You never really know how much those "little things in life" make you feel like a real person until you have them taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment