Wednesday, August 19, 2009

19 August

Same shit, different day.

The docs tapped Maryn on Monday and Tuesday, hoping that would fix the spitting. Some thought that if there was a pressure build-up in her head (from the bleed, etc), that could be the cause. So far, I haven't noticed a huge difference. A little, yes. But I think things overall have been getting better over the past 2 weeks. VERY slowly, but still an improvement. So of course I'm left wondering what to do if they recommend the shunt. Is it too early to tell for sure or not? Ugh. At least she decided to show her doctor what she can do by spitting in front of him yesterday. It was decent, but not tremendous (only hit the floor, not the chair). He was, um, impressed? Oh, and tomorrow she goes in for an endoscopy and biopsy to see if she's developed a protein/milk intolerance or allergy. But we don't know when yet. And I have to work. And David has to work. So I'm seriously cranky. And we might not be able to get OUR nurse. Yeah, she's as much my nurse as Maryn's.

So needless to say, I'm annoyed and pissy. I really don't know how much longer I can take this. How much strength could I possibly have left. I just want my baby girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment