Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22. Ugh.

Blech, blech, blech.

Bronch was today. Still a bit of "floppiness." And now we have notable swelling. Probably caused by the ET tube in large part. So yeah, she needs the tube to breathe, but it's also making it harder for her to breathe without it. Joy. Sooooooooo....two more weeks. Doubling her reflux meds, since that can cause swelling, and on continuous feeds instead of bolus feeding (supposed to lessen reflux risks). They'll extubate in about 2 weeks, and if that doesn't work, we are really looking at a trach.

Then she starts spitting more. I hope it's just due to the continuous feeds. But of course, I'm now worried about that too.

And the eye doc came in. As far as the ROP goes, she's stable. But he noticed a "discoloration" in an upper portion of her right eye. He doesn't think it's anything major - probably just like a birthmark or something - but he's going to keep an eye on it.

And ya wonder why I get completely depressed.

2 comments:

  1. oh sweetheart big huge hugs. As a tube momma.. I Can tell you that the continous feeds do reduce the reflux even on the diva over here. She does great with the continous. I hope it works great my dear! Also is she on reglan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, i don't know which anti-reflux med she's on. I wanna say prevacid, but i'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete