Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2

Not much news today. She's up to 3lbs 6oz, but I figure at least 1oz of that is the IV contraption attached to her left foot. But that's still a decent weight gain. Once she his 3-8, she will have officially doubled her weight since birth. Brain ultrasound was showing things were stable. The new neonate on our case mentioned there is a chance she wouldn't need a shunt. But it's too early to tell for sure. Optho came by again. Her eyes are a touch worse (zone 2, stage 2). I'm not surprised. He's just going to watch her closely. But if she hits a stage 3, we're going to start talking laser surgery. And the ENT is going to be doing the bronchoscopy some time this week, but we don't yet know exactly when.

Jaime is trying so hard to talk! Now if someone can come translate for me, I would be eternally grateful. I have no idea what he's saying most of the time. But I just pretend like I do.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. oh she is getting to be a big girl! go maryn go! i am so glad her brain is looking great! natasha you are doing a fab job! you keep it up and when you find that translator send them my way!

    ReplyDelete