Sunday, May 30, 2010

Trying to smile

I am so glad May is almost done.  Not only am I ready to get rid of the rugrats at work, but as you know if you've been reading, this has been one hell of a month.  I am not sorry to see it go.

We got initial results on J's EEG.  No seizure activity recorded, but there was a "slowing" along the way.  Of course, we were told, that can be seen when patients are very tired.  Ummm, didn't you tell me to sleep-deprive him so he'd be tired through the test?  Geniuses, I tell you.  We see neuro later this week.  Trying not to get my hopes up, but I really hope he has something to tell us.

So basically, no answers yet. Do y'all know how SICK AND TIRED I am of no answers? Yes, no seizures is good, but then why did he have one? If we have answers, then we can work towards fixing, or at least dealing with the problem.  Metaphor:  your car breaks down in the middle of the highway.  Do you just randomly start replacing the oil, brakes, filter, transmission, starter?  NO!  You have someone figure out the problem.  Only then does your car start working better. 

But I'm trying to be positive at the same time.

M is doing quite well now.  **whispering** No throwing up since surgery!  We still are watching her O2 needs and SATs closely, but the docs are very pleased.  At least the docs I listen to are.  I don't care what the idiots who don't know her think.  She's really sleepy during the day, but then again, she's not much of an afternoon napper.  She gets her sleep in bigger chunks.  And boy, does she like to play.  She and J had a kicking contest a few days ago.  Jaime would kick, and I'd get all excited.  So Maryn would start in.  Back and forth.  So cute.  And so nice to have them back together.


J is still working on his vocabulary.  He could care less about walking right now, unless it's going to take him "oufide"  so he can play in the "gaff."  Just don't put his feet in the "gaff."  He's started to say his name.  "Damu" while patting his chest.  And two days ago, out of the blue, he came out with "awefum."  I'm trying to get him to put "damu" and "awefum" together.  :)  'Cause it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment