Saturday, July 25, 2009

24 July

Ok, I'm in a sentimental mood. Consider yourself warned.

First, Maryn is holding her own. She's weighing 6-8 1/2. Eating decent (still at 5 bottles), but spitting a little more. They did put her on some oxygen though, as she was sat-ing in the upper 80s/lower 90s. Great for a preemie, but now that she's considered term, the doc wants her in the mid 90s. I'm having a bit of a time trying to convince myself that this isn't a set back. I *know* it's going to help her grow, and that growing is pretty much the most important thing for her right now, but still. I liked it when she wasn't hooked up to as many wires/tubes. It's nothing huge, but, oh hell, I don't know.

I am just so darn thankful for all the wonderful people at Children's that have saved my daughter. Thanks to them, she is alive today. I swear anyone in Omaha who even thinks of going elsewhere is a complete fool. Seriously. They are now more than nurses, more than friends. These people are my family. Amy, Cheryl, Sunny, Emily, Mandi, JoAnn, Kristen, Heather, Stephanie, Kelley, many others who aren't coming to mind at this ridiculous hour. They have kept me going, never letting me give up. They always point out the bright side of even the darkest days. They make you believe that miracles can happen, even when it seems impossible. How do you thank somebody for giving you the awesome gift of your own daughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment