Friday, June 11, 2010

Stay awake or stay away.

Is it really so much to ask for a person to stay awake while taking care of small children?  Really?  Of course, it doesn't matter if M is sleeping in her crib or on the floor and someone else is there.  But PUT HER DOWN if you are that tired!  My girl is too precious to risk your behavior.  And this isn't the first time. 

Over the past several weeks I've seen this person nod off while holding M many times.  She has been confronted, but the excuse of "I can't sleep at night" isn't cutting it with me. Last night, I'd had it.  M was on her lap, and she was so far out that her own head flopped back, smacking into the banister.  The response?  A giggle.  I grabbed M quickly.  Thankfully, M was oblivious to the whole thing and didn't get hurt.

I'm to the point of saying if you can't stay awake, then don't come over.  I am tired of the excuses.  I'll find other ways to deal. 

I'm just tired of people being irresponsible, especially when my kids lives and health are at stake.

1 comment: