Saturday, August 14, 2010

Welcome back

To work.  Joy of joys.

I wish it were that simple.  Back to work for just over a week now.  And how do I get greeted on day 2 with students?  A phone call.  It was from home, so like we had discussed, I let it go to voice mail.  If it's an emergency, don't leave a message and call right back.  It went to voice mail, so I figured I'd check it when I had a chance. 

Wrong decision.  Jaime had another seizure.

Just before breakfast.  Rigid for 20-30 seconds.  Again.  Fuck.  I talked with MIL about how he was doing shortly afterwards.  He was out cold for only about 30-45 minutes post-seizure this time.  While that's a big improvement, I'm still pissed that it happened at all.  His pedi knows about it now, and she suggested we talk to neuro.  We have an appointment with neuro on the 25th.

And now I was supposed to think about teaching too?  Yeah right.  Priorities people.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Tasha! I wish I was closer so I could give you a big hug (or make you a gian margarita!).

    ReplyDelete