Monday, May 1, 2017

Not fair

So a friend of mine is getting ready to say goodbye to her little girl.  They've selected Wednesday as "the day." My heart goes out to her.  I can empathize with her pain, but I can never understand exactly how she feels. 

This is just not fair.  Her daughter has fought her battle long and hard, just like my J fought his disease.  She was a micro just like my Maryn.  She has a little brother to watch over.  She won't have to suffer any more, but that doesn't help.  This just fucking sucks.  No child is supposed to go before his/her parents.  I'd like to think we'd all change this if we could, but we are so helpless.  The proverbial "life isn't fair."  There is nothing anyone can say or do to make this any easier. 

I want to be there for my friend, but it's too soon.  I suck as a friend.  I just can't.

So Jaime, please watch out for Montana on Wednesday.  I told her mom I'd have you greet her and show her around.  She likes horses, so maybe you can show her the stable.  God bless you my sweet Buggy Boy.

2 comments:

  1. You don't suck as a friend. She understands it's too early and too close to home for you. Prayers for her family at this horrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete