Wednesday, September 29, 2010

School boy

So a whole month ago, my boy started school.  I was SO excited for him!  I knew that it was going to only help him.  J was going to interact with peers, learn so many new things, read books, play with new toys, work on walking, etc FOUR DAYS A WEEK.  I couldn't wait to see him progress.  I was grinning from ear to ear.

Dad, on the other hand, was terrified.  Were they going to take care of him?  What if the bus driver forgot him?  What if kids teased him?  Dad was in tears on the first day (and second).  I think he's coming around now though.

I had to take him out to select his own backpack.  I wanted the Wiggles, but I couldn't find one for him.  Huskers?  Batman?  SpongeBob?  Nope.  He wanted Spiderman.  Once he saw that one, that was it.  End of story.

August 23.  The day of reckoning.  For the kid who usually sleeps until 1030, getting up at 630 was a rude awakening.  Literally.  The boy was tired.


Daddy got him on the bus.  Please don't mind Dad's completely awful swim trunks that doubled at shorts that day.

All in all, it was a success.  J had a good time.  He's learning so many new words.  He's becoming more independent with walking.  He wants to go to school - the one day we couldn't do due to appointments, he kept looking at his backpack and asking for the "buff."  That's bus for you non-fluent types.  We keep in touch with his teachers through newsletters, a notebook, email, texting, etc.  Yeah, I'm one of "those" moms.  My boy is growing up.  And this mommy just couldn't be prouder.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see him doing well and enjoying school. I remember the first day we put Nealon on the school bus at age 3! Scary, yet very exciting because we knew he'd grow by leaps and bounds.
    Good luck J!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that he enjoys school and wants to keep going! I was unsure of putting Hailey on the bus but I think that big yellow thing makes going to school fun and easy for the little ones! Keep on learning and having fun J!

    Jessica Hack

    ReplyDelete
  3. tasha i dont know how i just seen this. but he is such a cutie. he is going to just flourish!

    ReplyDelete