Saturday, January 30, 2010

I don't get it

Dude, when it rains, it pours.

After what has been a draining week, I was looking forward to a nice, restful weekend with my kiddos. We had a little get together for Jaime's birthday this evening. Yeah, I'm 2 weeks late, but whatever. I made spaghetti, and he actually ate it. Then presents he was basically not interested in. Correction, he was interested in one - his Curious George book. A little cake and ice cream next. Total slacker mommy. I just bought both. One of these days, I am going to make both kids a nice cake.

Then, at 9:44, the phone rings. It's the nursing company calling to say our nurse that was scheduled tonightwas sick. Ummm, WTF? One hour before you're supposed to be here? Now I know Interim is known for calling parents LONG after they receive notification, but giving me ONE HOUR? Ugh. So I napped from 10-1230, and here I sit. Tired, cold, sore (after an escapade with a public bathroom door), hungry. But still so thankful I can cuddle the Princess...

No comments:

Post a Comment